[Lxc-users] errors

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Thu May 23 17:34:02 UTC 2013

Quoting Tamas Papp (tompos at martos.bme.hu):
> On 05/23/2013 03:39 PM, Tamas Papp wrote:
> > On 05/23/2013 03:35 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> >> That looks like broken locking, though Serge would know for sure.
> >> You may want to try clearing /dev/shm/*lxc* and see if that fixes the
> >> problem (not usually recommended as those locks are there for a reason).
> > OK.
> >
> > At this moment I'm trying to reproduce the problem on a test machine, but still no "luck".
> >
> > I'll let you know, as soon as I have something.
>
> Well, I still was success in this.
>
> No I have 3 other system with the symptoms (FUTEX_WAIT, segfaults).
>
> Regerding to lock file, I renamed /dev/shm/sem.lxcapi.jcb-vmc02 and it's recreated automatically. It
> is still there, no changes.

I'm in the process of replacing those locks.  In the meantime, the
/dev/shm/sem.* files are removed when things exit normally, but
if you kill a lxc-* command while it is holding the lock, you
may have to remove it manually.  If the commands are still running,
then of course they should still be there, as the intent is to keep
two programs which are both doing c->set_config_item("lxc.rootfs", x)
from overwiting each other.

I'll try to get the replacement for that ready for staging by
tomorrow night.