[Lxc-users] Dynamically binding physical nic to container

Ajith Adapa ajith.adapa at gmail.com
Sun May 19 02:59:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

Is it possible bind a physical NIC to a running container without stopping
it ?

Currently based on the configuration in config file interfaces are created
inside a container and linked to a physical nic in host machine. Let us say
my host machine has physical nics eth0 and eth1. When I started the
container it has configuration only for linking up with eth0 via bridge
mode. Now I want to bind the eth1(host machine) interface to the same
running container. Is it possible ?

Regards,
Ajith