[Lxc-users] Monitoring per container

Bekir Dogan bekirdo at gmail.com
Mon May 13 15:38:35 UTC 2013

Not sure if this works for you (12.10) but I've wrote a simple hacky script
last day (another way of saying "i'm not proud of it"), using Stéphane's
python3 lxc bindings to see total resource usage of some new test
containers running on Ubuntu 13.04.
Only thing this does is showing some values from cgroup file system, does
not do calculations like cpu percent.

I've just put the script into github: https://github.com/bergerx/lxc-status

I've looked for same thing as you but couldn't filnd aomething like it. The
closest tool i found was a ruby script from
https://github.com/astro/lxc-top, but it doesn't seem like suitable
with ubuntu 13.04 because it expects a
single cgroup mount in "/cgroup". I don't have any idea about 12.10, maybe
you should try.

After Dwigth's answer, I've seen
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/staging/src/lxc/lxc-top, this one seems
like what we need, but we need to wait for new release to use this.

bekir