[Lxc-users] Horrors using Debian Wheezy

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Sat May 11 02:41:24 UTC 2013

Hi there!

I'm trying to get LXC to work for me on Debian Wheezy/amd64 and I'm having a
Hellish time. I'm following the advice on wiki.debian.org and other places,
and I believe I'm creating my containers correctly, but when I launch a
container, I get a bunch of messages about needing root to set a hostname,
needing root to mount things, needing root to do various other things, and I
see sshd fail to create keys, and at the very end I get nothing. No console.
I can't use the console command to connect - I get nothing. The status tool
says things are running.

lxc-checkconfig says everything is hunky-dory and I'm not deviating from the
instructions.

Can someone suggest what might be going wrong here?

Thanks!

Mason Loring Bliss  <--------->  mason at blisses.org