[Lxc-users] Restarting LXC containers after power failure

Mon May 6 13:25:47 UTC 2013

Hello David,

if you are using Ubuntu, there is a possibility to define containers to
start up automatically:

--< https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/lxc.html >-------------
To register a container to start automatically, create a symbolic link /etc/default/lxc/name.conf pointing to the container's config file. For instance, the configuration file for a container CN is /var/lib/lxc/CN/config. To make that container auto-start, use the command:

sudo ln -s /var/lib/lxc/CN/config /etc/lxc/auto/CN.conf

This static configuration does not recognize which containers were
running before.

Does this help?

- Moritz

Am Monday den 06. May 2013 schrieb David Parks:

> We just had a datacenter power failure, upon restart of course our LXC containers were stopped. It would be just dandy if there were an LXC option to restart the containers that were already running before the sudden failure.
>
> Is there any such capability?

http://www.tandemblog.ch    0<==`-(-)/---|/-(_)