[Lxc-users] Cannot connect to a LXC container in Amazon EC2

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sat Mar 16 09:30:40 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM, Roberto Aloi <prof3ta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have an EC2 instance running inside a VPC. I need to run a service
> inside a LXC container started in that instance and to make the service
> available to the outside world.

Short version: don't bother

I'm pretty sure EC2 only allows one IP address, so you can't arbitrarily
use another one, even on the same segment.

> The problem here is that I cannot reach the LXC container, which has IP
> address `10.0.3.2`:
>
>     user at ip-10-0-67-62:~$ ping 10.0.3.2
>     PING 10.0.3.2 (10.0.3.2) 56(84) bytes of data.
>     From 10.0.67.62 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
>
> Any hint or suggestion on how to debug this would be much appreciated.

In your case however, I'd examine the output of "netstat -nr" and "brctl
show". The ping packets should've been sent from 10.0.3.1 (the bridge), so
it's odd that 10.0.67.72 complains about "Destination Host Unreachable". At
first glance that indicates routing or interface setup error on your bridge.

--
Fajar