[Lxc-users] LXC icon for Ubuntu's Juju

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Fri Mar 15 17:02:29 UTC 2013

Gary Poster wrote:

> Our plan is to use the icon on the left of the LXCicons.tiff,
> attached (cloud within a computer).  This would be in context of the
> other icons found in OtherIcons.tiff, also attached.

Personally, I dislike icons in general. However, I particularly dislike
any icon which is based on current technology. Consider the floppy disk
icon used to represent saving a file or the manila folder used to
represent opening one. Half the members of this list have probably never
seen a floppy disk, and probably only slightly more than half have ever
seen a manila folder.

As trends in our industry move toward portable devices, an icon based on
a monitor atop a keyboard is likely to become an anachronism fairly
soon. You ought to find something more timeless.
--
Dave Close, Thales Avionics, Irvine California USA.

I don't send HTML email and I prefer not to receive it.
HTML email is ugly and a significant security exposure.