[Lxc-users] Bluetooth inside of a container

David Baird dhbaird at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 04:34:22 UTC 2013

Dear lxc users,

I have a Bluetooth radio that I'd like to get at from inside a container.
I'd like to know if and how this can be made to work inside the container
(inside the container). Attempts to use bluetooth result in "Address family
not supported" as in the following,

# strace hcitool scan
# >>>
execve("/usr/bin/hcitool", ["hcitool", "scan"], [/* 28 vars */]) = 0
brk(0)                                  = 0x7f91a593e000
...snip...
socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, 1)       = -1 EAFNOSUPPORT (Address family
not supported by protocol)

-David