[Lxc-users] Confusing behaviour using LXC container with systemd

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 12 23:21:55 UTC 2013

Quoting John (lxc at jelmail.com):
> On 12/03/13 22:25, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Quoting John (lxc at jelmail.com):
> [root at boron ~]# mount
> none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=100k)
> devpts on /dev/console type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
> devpts on /dev/tty1 type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts
> (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)

Note there is no 'newinstance' on the devpts mount here.  I suspect
that's the problem.  Note that lxc starts up and gives you a
newinstance devpts mount, so this one was done by systemd.

Next step (unless I'm misreading) is to look through systemd code
to see what you can do to make it not mount that.

-serge