[Lxc-users] zfs support

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Tue Mar 5 08:25:58 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 05:27 AM, Scott Moser wrote:

> I wrote the btrfs clone stuff, I just cloned the rootfs directory as it
> was the only thing I thought would be of any significant size.  The other
> things I think just get copied).
>
> Its probably me thats missing something obvious, but whats the benefit to
> having all of $lxc_path/$lxc_name ?

They belong to each other.
If a user wants to backup a container, everything have to be saved and the same is true, if the
container has to be relocated.
If it's cloned as a template, maybe the config and fstab files are useless, but I guess it's OK, if
they are there, they can be removed or even used as template config.

Do I miss something?

tamas