[Lxc-users] Container shutdown remounts the lxc partition read-only... again

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Jun 19 03:33:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

	I have recently installed vanilla lxc-0.9.0 under archlinux and
encountered the old "fs is remounted ro" issue which is supposed to be fixed
since https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/942325 ... The (also
archlinux) containers' rootfs are located on a separate partition mounted at
/var/lib/lxc
----------
$ mount | grep lxc
/dev/sda3 on /var/lib/lxc type ext4(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered)
----------
The rootfs.hold file is open, according to strace run against lxc-start, e.g.:
----------
$ grep hold /var/log/lxc.strace.log
open("/var/lib/lxc/arch-LXC-test/rootfs.hold", O_RDWR|O_CREAT, 0600) = 13

Nevertheless, whenever I shutdown the container via lxc-stop, the /var/lib/lxc
partition is marked ro... What can I do to determine what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Leonid.

--
Leonid Isaev