[Lxc-users] lxc-create -B zfs

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 18 02:14:01 UTC 2013

Quoting Tamas Papp (tompos at martos.bme.hu):
> On 06/10/2013 03:41 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Quoting Tamas Papp (tompos at martos.bme.hu):
> >>hi,
> >>
> >># lxc-create -n pony -t ubuntu -B zfs --zfsroot=tank/lxc
> >Hm.  Mine is simply called 'lxc', and that works.  So it sounds like I'm
> >doing something wrong in parsing the zfsroot, but I can't offhand see
> >in the code where.
> >
> >Could you run this through 'strace -f -odebutfile' and look in debugfile
> >for the exec of 'zfs create'?
>
> hi,
>
> Sorry, I could get back to this just now:
>
> log.103022:execve("/sbin/zfs", ["zfs", "create",
> "-omountpoint=/var/lib/lxc/test123/rootfs", "tank/lxc/test123"], [/*
> 21 vars */]) = 0
>
> From cli it works fine.
>
> I can send the whole log file, if you want.

Yes, please do - to me personally depending on the size, to spare the
list.

> Thanks,
> tamas
>
> ps.: Can we make at least configurable the mountpoint, so it can be set to the root of the container?

I'd like to call that something different, as it has completely
different behavior.  We could do the same for btrfs and zfs.
At container start, we want $rootfs to be treated as a simple dir
backed container.  At clone time, we want to bypass manual copying
of files and backing store - but not of the updating of the files -
in favor clone of all of $lxcpath/$container/.

-serge