[Lxc-users] lxcbr0 MAC addr issue

Hans Feldt hans.feldt at ericsson.com
Mon Jun 10 11:04:57 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 02:40 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>> Now my question, could not lxc (at boot) setup a fixed MAC addr for the host port?
>
> Yeah, given how bad this was for libvirt/qemu I'm surprised I've not seen
> this happen in lxc - but I haven't, and noone else has reported it.
>
> Since you mention lxcbr0, I assume you're using ubuntu?  Until we

Yes 12.04 and 13.04

> (somehow - netcf?) implement a distro-agnostic lxc bridge upstream, this
> is not an upstream issue, but an ubuntu package issue.
>
> Have you actually seen a hang as a result of this?  If so, then please

Yes but not a permanent one. Just until the arp cache times out. But
long enough to fail my test case...

For testing purposes I have a set of lxc systems that communicate with
each other as well as the host. The problem occurs when I reboot an lxc
system and another lxc system tries to communicate with the host. The
host might have changed mac addr and ...

> open a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+filebug
> as it should be trivially fixable in /etc/init/lxc-net.conf.

OK will do.

/Hans