[Lxc-users] Routing issues

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Mon Jun 3 23:11:25 UTC 2013

On 04/06/13, Papp Tamas (tompos at martos.bme.hu) wrote:

> What is the IP address of the container?

The host is on aa.bb.cc.103 (a public net address)
and the container is on aa.bb.cc.87.

I can get from 87 to 103, but I can't ping the gateway from the
container.

> If it's a private address and you want NAT, then the container
> should be linked to another iface. Either to a dummy iface or eth1.

I'm trying to do everything over br0 with fixed ip addresses, like
http://wiki.debian.org/LXC/SimpleBridge

> So your leave eth0 untouched and create br1 with eth1 and choose an
> IP for the container from 192.168.9.9/27.
>
> Then setup the machine as gateway (ip_forward, NAT/MASQ).

I'll give those a go if the br0/eth0 arrangement I'm trying doesn't
work. I'm not keen to forward ports from the host, if I can avoid it.

> AFAIK, you can also choose a different network type, but I've never used.

Regards
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange