[Lxc-users] frequent host machine kernel panic

Kalyana sundaram kalyanceg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 19:43:57 UTC 2013

Hi All
We run a bunch of lxc containers over a centos 6.2 host. The containers use
veth pairs and connect to the network through a linux bridge(br0) at the
host. The setup was fine. But suddenly the host machine started crashing
frequently with kernel panic. The strings in kernal panic are

do_invalid_op
skb_over_panic
invalid_op
skb_put
tg3_poll_work
tg3_poll_msix
net_rx_action
hrtimer_get_next_event
__do_softirq

(Since the mail with screenshot bounces I could not attach the screenshot
of kernel panic.)

It seems like a network issue. I need to zero down as whether it is a
driver issue, linux bridge issue or lxc issue. Has anybody experienced this
issue? Please do share your expertise
--
Kalyanasundaram
http://blogs.eskratch.com/