[Lxc-users] Issues in using lxc in Fedora 14

Ajith Adapa ajith.adapa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 10:32:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am stuck with a issue in Fedora 14 using lxc. I have create a container
using the template available at -
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/83751818/lxc-fedora

container is created successfuly and when I try lxc-start command I am
getting stuck as shown below.

There seems to be some issues with /etc/fstab. Any pointers or proper
template to create a container would be of great help.

# lxc-start -n test
        Welcome to Fedora
Setting hostname localhost:                                [  OK  ]
Checking filesystems
WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
                                                           [  OK  ]
warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
Mounting local filesystems:  warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file
or directory
                                                           [  OK  ]
No such file or directory
Enabling /etc/fstab swaps:  swapon: /etc/fstab: open failed: No such file
or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
Entering non-interactive startup
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:
Determining IP information for eth0... done.
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting system logger:                                    [  OK  ]
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/fstab' for reading (No such
file or directory)
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/fstab' for reading (No such
file or directory)
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/fstab' for reading (No such
file or directory)
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/fstab' for reading (No such
file or directory)
Mounting other filesystems:  warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file
or directory
                                                           [  OK  ]

^[[17~^C^Z^F[root at localhost ~]# lxc-version
lxc version: 0.7.2