[Lxc-users] LXC Checkpointing/Migration

Nipun Arora nipun2512 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 22:39:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am new to LXC usage, and would like to understand/use LXC for some of my
new projects.

The following is a use-case that I am looking for:

Say if a process is running in the native host or a lxc container, and at a
point in the execution of this process I would like to copy the context,
and fork a new LXC container with the given context of this process.

How can this be achieved using LXC?

With a brief look through I realized one possible way could be
checkpointing, and using that checkpoint to launch a new container while
letting the earlier container continue execution.
Alternatively is there a process migration mechanism available in LXC that
could be used to get a similar result?

Thanks
Nipun