[Lxc-users] Using common rootfs for multiple containers

Joshua Randall joshua.randall at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jul 10 16:28:07 UTC 2013

We have a particular use case, but we are achieving this using CernVM-FS (http://cernvm.cern.ch/portal/filesystem) to supply read-only root filesystems to many machines (with local caching), and then aufs or overlayfs (depending on the kernel version) to provide write support as others have suggested.

Josh.