[Lxc-users] lxc-wait doesn't notice container shutdown

Christoph Willing cwilling at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 4 04:00:46 UTC 2013

Since upgrading from lxc-0.7.5 to 0.9.0 I have a problem with lxc-wait.

Previously, scripts containing an lxc-wait for the STOPPED state would continue as expected when the nominated container shut itself down i.e. the script received the STOPPED state and lxc-wait exits. However with 0.9.0, lxc-wait doesn't seem to receive the STOPPED state when the container shuts itself down  - the scripts just keep waiting. I can run lxc-stop manually, whereupon the waiting script then sees that the container gets the message and continues as before.

On the other hand, the same scripts see the RUNNING state of a newly started container and continue execution as before.

So although lxc-wait is working (receives states sent explicitly via lxc-start/stop), it no longer receives any indication from the container that is is shutting down.

Is this new behaviour expected in 0.9.0?

chris