[Lxc-users] Container failed, can't remove cgroup

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Tue Jan 29 00:36:44 UTC 2013

> No idea about the systemd aspects, but the best way to get those cgroups
> to be autoremoved is using a release_agent.  See
> Documentation/cgroups/cgroups.txt in the kernel source.

Serge,

Thanks for the pointer.  That does seem like the right direction,
although it looks like this cgroup hierarchy already has a release
agent defined:

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/release_agent
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent

And if I understand correctly, release agents can only be defined in
"root" cgroups (so I can't override this in
/sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/<container>/).  Time to visit the systemd list
again, maybe.