[Lxc-users] installation problem

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jan 26 17:43:38 UTC 2013

Hello...

On Sat, 2013-01-26 at 22:09 +0800, Ryan Young wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am new to lxc and got some problem with the installation of lxc 0.8.0.
> My distribution is rhel5, when I implement "./configure", it returns
> as"please install libcap-devel", but I did have libcap-devel/libcap
> installed on my machine, its version is 1.10.26.
> Are there any issues regarding this problem?

RHEL 5?  I don't think so.

What kernel version are you running?  I'm not aware of any flavor of
RHEL 5 / CentOS 5/ SLS 5 that runs a kernel that will support LXC.  From
what I can tell, the latest kernel available on 5.9 is 2.6.18-348.1.1
and that's just not going to happen as it has no support for control
groups (cgroups).  Even if you solve the libpcap problem, you won't get
past this one without a more modern kernel.  You would be better off
upgrading to RHEL 6 / CentOS 6 than even attempting this.

Regards,
Mike