[Lxc-users] Ephemeral containers flaky?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jan 25 02:34:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Fairly often, when the container is coming up after being restarted,
> it stays up for only a second or two, then goes down again,
> and then finally stays up for good.

Once again, I am an idiot operating dangerous machinery.

The telltale sign was that SIGTERM.  Any time you see a
strange SIGTERM on something being run under upstart,
go check your upstart script, and you'll probably find that
the 'stop on' clause is too broad.

I had fixed this on the outer upstart, but the upstart inside
the lxc container also needed to be more specific about
when to stop.

With both fixed, it's survived one build cycle of 9 builders
on three slaves, which wasn't common before.

Onwards, and sorry for the noise.
- Dan