[Lxc-users] Udev in containers

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Thu Jan 24 17:07:40 UTC 2013

Howdy all,

I've run into an issue with systemd and udev and LXC containers; I
originally posted this to the systemd-devel list
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-January/008362.html),
but I'm curious if anyone here has thoughts on the issue.

I have a systemd unit file that depends on
sys-subsystem-net-devices-eth0.device, which in theory should be
generated by udev...but apparently its not.  systemd-udevd is running,
but this dependency is never satisfied.  I'm assuming that the problem
is some interaction with udevd and the way LXC handles devices.

Has anyone here run into this before?  Any thoughts on solutions?

Thanks,

-- Lars