[Lxc-users] Physical interface not getting released after container shutdown

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Thu Jan 24 11:49:01 UTC 2013

Dear Benoit,

>Serge Hallyn suggested  that 7b35f3d should fix my problem.
I noticed that.

>Thanks for the tip. a careful analysis of netstat does not lead to think I have remaining container connections.

I'm not using physical interfaces but instead of the default (veth and a number of unkown source) I name the veth interfaces with the container name. Said this, I had run into the same problems.

Notice, that if the connection are in TCP-stae "*_WAITING", the connection needs up to 6min (with defaults) to disappear. After this time, you might be able to restart the container without booting the host.

Yours

Guido

***Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek***

--
Dr. Guido Jäkel
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
mailto:g.jaekel at dnb.de