[Lxc-users] Execute untrusted code in a container

pablo platt pablo.platt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 21:46:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

I want to execute user submitted code in Java, Python and other languages
in a container.
Something similar to http://ideone.com but much simpler.
The code users submit should be simple, without accessing the network or
files unless the user tries to compromise the server.

Can I use lxc-execute to run the script?
What overhead can I expect for executing a simple Hello World example in
the container compared to the host?
How can the host get back the result?
Can the container share the installed packages on the host like Java or do
I need to install packages in the container?
What should I put in the config to protect the host, prevent writing to
files and limit resources like memory and CPU?
Can I use the same container to execute several scripts in parallel or do I
need to implement a queue or maybe use random names for containers?

Thanks