[Lxc-users] libvirt-lxc and fedora

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:52:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Gao feng <gaofeng at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On 2013/01/14 19:25, Cristian Falcas wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anybody have any experience with running lxc using libvrt with a
>> fedora host?
>>
>> In the guest (fedora or ubuntu) I try to create a tun node, but I'm
>> getting "Operation not permitted":
>>

> It's what we expected,devices cgroup deny this operation.
>
>> [root at wikitiki vpn_itne]# mkdir /dev/net
>> [root at wikitiki vpn_itne]# mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
>> mknod: `/dev/net/tun': Operation not permitted
>>
>> This is only inside the virtual machine, because in the host I can
>> create the device anywhere. SElinux is in permissive mode.
>>
>> Also, can someone explain me from where are the dev nodes created under libvirt?
>>

> The last libvirt support device hotplug,you can use it to add devices for
> container on host.
>
> Here is an example
> cat device.xml
> <hostdev mode='capabilities' type='misc'>
>         <source>
>                 <char>/dev/fuse</char>
>         </source>
> </hostdev>
>
> You can use virsh cmd "attach-device domainname device.xml" to hot plug
> this fuse device to the container.
>
> You can add the xml into configure file too.

Thank you for the answers.

I had this for the device:
 cat /etc/cgconfig.conf
group libvirt {
          cpuset {
                  cpuset.cpus = 0;
                  cpuset.mems = 0;
          }
  }

group libvirt/lxc {
          cpuset {
                  cpuset.cpus = 0;
                  cpuset.mems = 0;
          } devices {
                  devices.allow = "c 10:200 rwm
c 4:* rwm";
          }
}

i managed to make it work with latest git sources from lxc. I will try
latter to check the method to hot plug devies. How are the nodes
created? With the same minor, major numbers as the host?