[Lxc-users] libvirt-lxc and fedora

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:25:34 UTC 2013

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with running lxc using libvrt with a
fedora host?

In the guest (fedora or ubuntu) I try to create a tun node, but I'm
getting "Operation not permitted":

[root at wikitiki vpn_itne]# mkdir /dev/net
[root at wikitiki vpn_itne]# mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
mknod: `/dev/net/tun': Operation not permitted

This is only inside the virtual machine, because in the host I can
create the device anywhere. SElinux is in permissive mode.

Also, can someone explain me from where are the dev nodes created under libvirt?

Thank you,
Cristian Falcas