[Lxc-users] [LXC] loop module in ubuntu template

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu Jan 10 16:46:50 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 05:36 PM, Sujay M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have created a container vm0 using the ubuntu template. I want to use /mnt/sdb1/ as loopback
> storage. so if i try to mount it i'm getting
>
> root at vm0:~# mount /mnt/sdb1/
> mount: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
>         about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)
>
> root at vm0:~# modprobe loop
> FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic/modules.dep: No such file or directory
>
> How can i overcome this problem? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Please do not crosspost.

In the container config:

lxc.aa_profile = lxc-container-default--with-loops
# loop
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = b 7:* rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 10:237 rwm

apparmor:

$ cat /etc/apparmor.d/lxc/lxc-default--with-loops
# Do not load this file.  Rather, load /etc/apparmor.d/lxc-containers, which
# will source all profiles under /etc/apparmor.d/lxc

profile lxc-container-default--with-loops flags=(attach_disconnected,mediate_deleted) {

[.... something default, can be inherited, check Quantal configuration ....]

   # custom
   mount fstype=iso9660 -> /mnt/**,
}

tamas