[Lxc-users] Recomended Kernel Version LT vs ML

Leon Waldman le.waldman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 18:57:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are planning to deploy LXC in production using CentOS 6.3.

The problem is that it ships with kernel 2.6.32-279 per default, and
AFAIK this is a not recommended version to use with LXC.

Now, the issue is... The kernel Long Term version from EPEL is the 3.0
version... the Main Line is currently on 3.7 but it's changing the major
version every 6 weeks.

It would worth the testing overhead of keeping changing the kernel major
version every 6 weeks to have a bigger then 3.0 running or the 3.0
version is enough feature complete to use on a production environment?

(Also, as a bonus tip... what LXC version should I use? The 8.x is
already considered stable (I run my tests with the 7.5 version))

What you guys think about it?

Thanks in advance,

--
Leon Waldman