[Lxc-users] Is it possible to configure a bridge inside an LXC guest ?

John lxc at jelmail.com
Sat Jan 5 21:27:34 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I haven't yet tried this yet but thought I'd ask first because it seems
a bit crazy, but...

Is it possible to configure a container so that it has a bridge in it ?

Reason for asking is this: I have a container that runs a desktop
environment. I want to run VirtualBox on that desktop, which I have
installed and it's working fine with NAT networking. However, I realise
I need a bridge for any vm to be able to do anything useful on the network.

So, can I configure a container so that it has a bridged network adapter
so that I can select it as a "bridged adapter" in VirtualBox's vm
network settings, either the same bridge as on the host or another one
within the container that is somehow connected to the lan ?

Many thanks,
John