[Lxc-users] retrieve guest container's ip address

Alan McDuff alan.mcduff at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 12:03:03 UTC 2013

Great, thank you, Marko. I had read the thread, but first it didn't make sense to me. From Stephanes last reply I found that this is all I need:

user at host:~$ host guest1 10.0.3.1

Using domain server:
Name: 10.0.3.1
Address: 10.0.3.1#53
Aliases:
guest0 has address 10.0.3.123

I have one more question (not urgent, but making this work would be nice-to-have):
Connecting using the hostname fails:

>user at host:~$ ssh ubuntu at guest1
>ssh: Could not resolve hostname guest1: Name or service not known
Can you suggest what needs to be configured to make this work?

Thank you
Alan