[Lxc-users] LXC container with Ubuntu desktop in an Ubuntu 12.10 host

Derek Simkowiak derek at simkowiak.net
Wed Jan 2 04:48:52 UTC 2013

 > /use one of several methods to log into the new container's Ubuntu
desktop (vnc, x2go etc)./

     I believe the problem is that you are using VNC.  It has nothing to
do with LXC, per se.

     Please see the following post (and replies) where the user had the
same symptom as you:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/160160/unity-launcher-doesnt-appear-in-vnc-session

     There may be better solutions available on Launchpad.

 > /my "host" Ubuntu 12.10 desktop works correctly./

     Are you accessing the "host" desktop using VNC?  Or are you
plugging in a keyboard and monitor?