[Lxc-users] Moving an lxc container from one host to another . . .

Masood Mortazavi masoodmortazavi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:12:27 UTC 2013

Hi Miroslav,

Thank you very much. This worked.

However, on the way, I discovered one other relevant point worth noting:

When unpacking the tar of the lxc, it should be unpacked with

    tar --numeric-owner -xzvf lxc.tgz

into its *final* destination (i.e. to the final resting place of all lxc's
on the machine).

Use of Linux "cp" to move the unpacked lxc to the final destination fails.

Obviously "cp" doesn't have a "--numeric owner" option.

Also, I observed that on my system I carried out all these steps as a
sudo-er.

Best regards,
Masood