[Lxc-users] databases in lxc container

Csordás Csaba Ifj. cscsordas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:11:19 UTC 2013

Hi List,

the original error was:

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist. Linux Error: 2: No such
file or directory.

The "solution" which made the error message produced by

/etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure

disappear was:

mount -t tmpfs shmfs -o size=2048m /dev/shm

Is this a healthy thing? Can somebody suggest a proper, official
solution to handle the shared memory in the container?

Host is debian testing, guest is oracle linux 6.latest.

Csordás Csaba Ifj.