[Lxc-users] lxc-destroy erase rootfs

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu Feb 7 22:37:58 UTC 2013

hi All,

Actually there was already a topic about this, but I don't really remember the result, because with
lxc v0.7 the rootfs was removed only if it existed in /var/lib/lxc .

If I use v0.9 it's removed anyway during the lxc-destroy process. Why is that?

First I think it would be a great idea if before the remove step there would be !!! RED ALERT !!!,
which can warn the user, what it does, as it works differently than in the version before.
This is quite dagerous this way.

Second, I suggest a to make it a non-default behaviour, like:

lxc-destroy [-r|--remove] -n container

Actually why does it remove the rootfs? What would be the appropriate way to modify a container
configuration if not 'modify config -> lxc-destroy -> lxc-start'?

Thank you,
tamas