[lxc-users] credentials for fedora container

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Wed Dec 25 18:19:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:17:20 -0500
"Michael H. Warfield" <mhw at WittsEnd.com> wrote:

> In that case, you definitely need to go with 1.0.0-beta1 or better.  I

is there anything special in the template that expects lxc-start 1.0.0, or one
can simply download the template and run it as a bash script, and keep lxc
0.9.0?

> just did the same thing and root/root worked (we've got to figure out
> something better there)

What about generating a random passwd from /dev/random, e.g.
root_password="$(tr -cd '[:graph:]' < /dev/random | head -c 15)", echo
$root_password to stdout and prompt the user to take note/change it on 1st
login?

> Regards,
> Mike

Cheers,