[lxc-users] Disk space not released after deleting rootfs image

Jinn Ko lxc-users at mx.ixido.net
Fri Dec 13 09:46:37 UTC 2013

When you run 'lsof | grep /tmp/lol/disk2.img' does that say '(deleted)'
next to it?  If so, it should also identify the process id holding the
file handle open, which is preventing the release of the space.

>From the log output it looks like the failure to mount /proc inside your
container causes a failure, so I haven't understood how it is that
lxc-execute works.  Therefore I'm wondering if the failure handling is
missing the logic to release the mounted image.  I'm curious to know if
the space is released when /proc is properly mounted and the container
comes up cleanly.

Jinn