[lxc-users] Announcing public builds of LXC for Android

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Wed Dec 11 16:44:05 UTC 2013

I don't know of a specific online build service that could do android
builds for you but I know the technology exists...

eg If you know of Jenkins CI (Continuous Integration), it's a powerful open
sourced and publicly licensed technology that integrates technologies like
your choice of version control and your choice of build environments. The
idea is that a team of coders can submit their contributions at any time
and the system will automatically build and test against your choice of dev
branch, either merging or maintaining a separate branch automatically
without enforced milestones.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember that the Open Build Service (run
by SUSE) builds for Android although it'll package your code for
practically every distro in existence(with a manifest specifying
distro-specific dependencies) with a few clicks.

The only online APK build services I know of only package HTML, Java or
dotNET code and I wouldn't expect yours to be either of these of course.
Assuming your code is C I can only think of building using a locally
installed Eclipse with Android SDK installed(unless someone sets up
something like Jenkins)

But, if you're going so far as to modify the kernel (are you doing more
than simply loading kernel modules?), are there Google licensing issues?

Tony