[Lxc-users] Problem with bridges and virtual interfaces in containers

Jelena Seovic jelena.seovic at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:24:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have problem with connecting virtual interfaces in containers on bridges.
I wont to create for example two virtual interfaces in container and each
of them to connect to different bridge. On that way I wont connect one
container with other containers and to ping one form another (like creating
small network container1-bridge1-container2-bridge2-container3...).

First I started with two containers (container1-bridge-container2). I have
created one virtual interfaces in each container in config file
(/var/lib/lxc/container1/config and /var/lib/lxc/container2/config). Beside
that i created bridge and i could ping one interface from another.

Then I wonted to connect one more container
(container1-bridge1-container2-bridge2-container3). Created one more
interface in config file in container2, and one in container3. Also I
created one more bridge. But I couldn't ping interface in container2 from
container3 and vice versa. Still I was able to ping container1 from
container2.

I checked every config file several times, bridges too but i couldn't find
problem.
I'm sure that I am making mistake somewhere, but I don't know where. Can
anyone help me?

Regards,
Jelena