[Lxc-users] Container with X system(s)

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Wed Aug 14 20:38:43 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:06:50 brian mullan wrote:
> I create a container:
> *sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n my_cn*
> start it
> *sudo lxc-start -n my_cn*
> *login*
> add a desktop environment
> *sudo apt-get install lxde*
> I also add a remote desktop config to the container so I can access the
> desktop from the host
> (I use x2go but I've also used vnc and others).

As this is something I have been curious about...I considered doing this as a
test to see what happened.. but at the time I started with LXC my goals and
needs for LXC were and are still different...

This brings up the LXC with X v. LTS type setup...

I currently use LTS setups for an organziation that basicaly replaces all the
desktops from the LTS server... sort of back to thin client-esque systems....

I am curious as to how you use this setup....

Do you use the containers mostly remotely ie: XDMCP over SSH for WAN, XDMCP on
the LAN, and what tasks your doing in these containters... other than the
current issue.. any other isues... for the tasks your doing....

With a decent server this could be an interesting option to LTS setups... I'd
like to hear more about your containers with X installed, please.

Thanks....