[Lxc-users] Setting up server in lxc container for dummies

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Tue Aug 13 15:12:30 UTC 2013

LXC Containers are configured with their own networking, so require a
bridging device like what Michael describes. If you wanted to share
networking with the Host you could setup a chroot instead.

Port(and IP) Forwarding should be enabled, but that by itself is typically
insufficient.

After you have your networking configured properly, you should then verify
your FW isn't blocking and in some cases also verify the transparent bridge
filters are disabled, typically at

/proc/sys/net/bridge

Which might all need to be set to zero, on my machine I configured in the
sysctl.conf instead of writing directly to the /proc files.

Tony