[Lxc-users] Running the latest LXC version

Michael Fox michaelf at heimic.net
Sun Aug 11 21:43:49 UTC 2013

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to take advantage of lxc, as I found
under other distributions that it was workable unless you hacked a number
of things.

So far so good, and have learnt a lot in the process of having to install
and configure a number of machines. I even managed to install Mythtv into a
container and found that the upstart script that comes with Ubuntu 12.04
won't work by default in an lxc container to bring up mythbackend. Should
probably flag this against the package maintainer to see if they can
smarten it up.

Meanwhile, did notice a odd issue though. Every time I start up the
container running mythtv (ubuntu 12.04) my samba authentication of my host
goes fubar. i.e. I cannot logon to samba shares again unless I issue a
smbpasswd -a username for my samba users.

Strangest issue either, I thought I had a issue with samba on the host, but
I slowly narrowed down that it occurs when I start the container up running
Mythtv.