[Lxc-users] SELinux, Centos and assigning password to user

Luis M. Ibarra michael.ibarra at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 17:03:41 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm facing an issue regarding SELinux and creating users inside a Centos
container:

# passwd testuser
passwd: unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 is not
authorized to change the password of testuser

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my SELinux status on the Centos HOST and the Centos GUEST container

centos HOST:
#cat /etc/selinux/config
SELINUX=disabled
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

#cat /selinux/enforce
0

but when I check the sestatus:
#sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          disabled
Policy version:                 24
Policy from config file:        targeted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Centos GUEST:

# cat /etc/selinux/config
SELINUX=disabled

[root at hcmgit ~]# cat /selinux/enforce
0

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                not mounted
Please mount selinuxfs for proper results.

I'd appreciate any idea how to fix this.

--
Luis M. Ibarra