[Lxc-users] Setting up server in lxc container for dummies

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Aug 1 03:24:42 UTC 2013

Hi,
I've been happily using ubuntu's stock lxc (originally
in 12.04, now in 13.04), and finally have an occasion
to run a server inside a container.  I'd like it to
be visible from the outside.

There are plenty of web pages about this, but they seem to
assume that you've created the lxc config file by hand.
I have never done that; I just use whatever lxc-create creates.

What's the simplest way to get a container to look
like just another host on the LAN, starting with
   sudo apt-get install lxc
   sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n foobar
on ubuntu 13.04?

Thanks,