[Lxc-users] arkose appears broken in Ubuntu 13.04

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 26 13:03:52 UTC 2013

On 04/26/2013 01:53 PM, brian mullan wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/arkose/+bug/1134972
>
> Other than Arkose.. what alternatives are there to run an application
> container
> the starts will a web browser.
>
> thanks
> brian

Ah right, I remember debugging this and tracking it down to a regression
in "su" but never bothered to fix it in 13.04 as another kernel bug was
leading to loop devices leakage.

My plan is to essentially rewrite Arkose to use the LXC API and extend
the API to cover all the cases I care about.

However for 13.04, you're a bit stuck. You can try to directly patch
/usr/bin/arkose, changing the "su %s -c \"command\"" call by something
like "sudo -u %s \"command\"" which workaround that su behaviour change
but if you hit the same bug I did, you'll be limited to 7 run of arkose
per boot of your machine due to that weird loop device kernel bug.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer