[Lxc-users] Cleaning up veth when not destroying the usual way

Robin Monjo (appldiget) robin.monjo at applidget.com
Wed Apr 24 11:52:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

I create my containers a particular way:
- mount an existing container into the /containers/ folder
- manually change the config for the new container
- start the new container by specifying the path (-f option)

Then, to destroy it, I just stop it, unmount and remove everything. The problem is that it's not a clean destroy and after creating and starting a few containers this way, the ifconfig  command on the host machine output a lot of unused veth* interface.

Since lxc-destroy doesn't recognise my containers (not in the default folder), how do I clean destroy them manually (remove unused interfaces in ifconfig).

PS: Host is ubuntu 12.04 with default lxc config

Regards,
Robin