[Lxc-users] How long the dhcp lease lasts

Robin Monjo robin.monjo at applidget.com
Mon Apr 22 19:59:12 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

Using the default config, containers will have their IP attributed by the dnsmasq service. I'd like to write in the '/etc/hosts' file of the host system the hostname and the corresponding IP address of each container I start.
I will then use this hostname in an iptable rules for port forwarding. But what if dnsmasq change an IP at the end of the lease ?
So the question is: how long an IP given by dnsmasq will last ? May I see one of my container have its IP changed ? Any ways to have the dnsmasq table synced with the /etc/hosts file (container's host side) ?

Kind regards