[Lxc-users] Problem with core dumps generated from containers, apport

Hans Feldt hans.feldt at ericsson.com
Mon Apr 22 11:00:49 UTC 2013

system: x86_64, ubuntu 12.10 with a ubuntu template container

When I enable core dumps in a container and such get generated, apport
on the host gets confused and creates bogus (it seems) crash reports.

If I speculate it could be that apport gets a non translated container
pid from the kernel, tries to find a match on the host and create a
crash report. But since the container pid is something else on the host
and sometimes it even thinks it is a system program on host and tries to
send a bug report for it...

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Hans