[Lxc-users] Can't execute a python shell script from /run/*

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Apr 22 08:02:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM, David Parks <davidparks21 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We’re running an app that installs some files to /run and needs to
> execute a python script in that directory.****
>
> ** **
>
> Even the root user is denied permission to execute the script, which tells
> me that LXC (presumably AppArmor) is blocking access to running a script
> under /run/*****
>
> **

Nope.

On my host:
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)

... which is mounted from /lib/init/fstab. noexec prevents running any
executable there.

Now what's interesting is that my ubuntu template (0.9.0-0ubuntu2)
specifically create an empty /lib/init/fstab, so you shouldn't even have a
/run mount entry in a container. What is the content of that file on your
container? Or perhaps you manually have an entry for /run on your
container's fstab?

--
Fajar