[Lxc-users] Can't execute a python shell script from /run/*

David Parks davidparks21 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 07:44:29 UTC 2013

We're running an app that installs some files to /run and needs to execute a
python script in that directory.

Even the root user is denied permission to execute the script, which tells
me that LXC (presumably AppArmor) is blocking access to running a script
under /run/*

I uncommented lxc.aa_profile=unconfined in hopes that this would resolve the
problem. But it hasn't, I restarted the container (shutdown -P & lxc-start
-n CN), but I still have the same issue.

So now I'm a little unsure, this sure "feels" like an LXC issue, I can't
imagine any other reason root would be denied permission to run the script,
only within that directory (it runs fine /tmp, we've given it 777
permissions, the whole bit).

Thanks for any help,

David